Jump into Your dream
STEM is more than a discipline; it’s an alliance. Join a community of educators and innovators as you discover the wonders of science and mathematics. The STEM Education Alliance brings four disciplines together to benefit all. Through collaboration, education and innovation, you’ll learn better ways to teach STEM to the high school and college classrooms. Gain collegiate-level teaching experience through our Learning Assistant program. You’ll also have access to several scholarships designed specifically for you.
STEM Education Alliance :: COSINE
Community of Science and Instruction in Northeast Texas (COSINE) brings together high school STEM educators, university Learning Assistants and Noyce scholars to provide professional development and support. Become involved by joining the Noyce Program or CAPE community.
STEM Education Alliance :: Noyce
Receive up to $11,500 of scholarships through the Noyce Scholarship Program! Open to physics, chemistry, biology and math majors, the Noyce Program is here to support you and provide financial assistance.
Noyce Teacher Scholarship Pathway
To qualify for this scholarship you must:
- Be currently enrolled in one of the following teaching tracks:
- Biological Sciences B.S. – Secondary Certification (Grades 7 -12) Life Sciences
- Chemistry B.S. – Teacher Certification Option
- Mathematics, 7-12 Teacher Certification B.A./B.S.
- Physics B.A./B.S. with Teaching Emphasis
- Computer Information Systems B.S.C.I.S Teacher Certification, 7-12 Computer Science
- B.A./B.S. – Teacher Certification, MLED, 4-8 ESL Mathematics
- B.A./B.S. – Teacher Certification, MLED, 4-8 ESL Science
- B.A./B.S. – Teacher Certification, MLED, 4-8 Math/Science
- B.A./B.S. – Teacher Certification, MLED, 4-8 Mathematics
- B.A./B.S. – Teacher Certification, MLED, 4-8 Science
- Take part in the Learning Assistant program
- Participate in the Summer Noyce workshops and network with in-service high school teachers
Noyce Scholarship Application
The Noyce Scholarship Application is now open. The deadline is Monday, May 17 2021.
STEM : News
The Texas A&M University-Commerce Department of Physics and Astronomy recently received additional funding from the Physics Teacher Education Coalition (PhysTEC) to lead the creation of a PhysTEC regional network for the state of Texas. A&M-Commerce is the lead institution in the initiative, collaborating with Texas State University, the University of Houston and the University of […]
Faculty from the A&M-Commerce Department of Physics and Astronomy were recently featured on an episode of Let’s Talk it Over, a TAMUC web series on YouTube. Associate Professors Robynne Lock and William Newton, and Assistant Professor Melanie Fields discussed recent successes, including the creation of a regional physics education network in Texas. Watch the episode […]
Texas A&M University-Commerce has received a National Science Foundation grant totaling more than $1 million to fund a collaborative project titled, “Preparing a Community of Outstanding STEM Teachers for Rural and Urban Northeast Texas.” “I am thrilled to have been awarded this grant,” said Dr. William Newton, associate professor of physics and astronomy. “This collaboration […]