It’s the perfect time to finish what you started!
Thanks to Governor Abbot’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) Fund, Project Complete will pay tuition and fees for hundreds of students who can come back and complete their degree in 2021.
To qualify, you must
- Be a Texas resident
- Not have attended any institution of higher education in fall 2020
- Complete the 20-21 FAFSA (for spring) and/or the 21-22 FAFSA (for fall) at fafsa.gov and be eligible for aid. This is a last dollar award that can only go toward tuition and fees.
- Have a plan for completing your degree or academic certificate in the 2021 calendar year.
- Affirm that the coronavirus pandemic has had an impact on your life.
- Be willing to accept free grant aid up to $2,500 that you don’t have to pay back to help you graduate!
Send an email to [email protected] to find out how you can get these funds!
The Texas Reskilling Support Fund Grant Program stems from the allocation of $175 million provided to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board from the Governor’s Emergency Educational Relief (GEER) Fund. GEER dollars, in turn, originate from the U.S. Department of Education’s administration of the Education Stabilization Fund in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act of 2020. The CARES Act (HR 748/S 3548 of the 116th Congress) was signed into law on March 27, 2020. The Project Complete Consortium has been provided with a portion of these funds to administer to qualifying students to support their degree and credential completion.