Become a Technology Educator
You have extensive training in the world of technology that you can use to teach local high school students. Build on your work experience and qualifications through our technology education educator program at A&M-Commerce. In under two years, you will be equipped to educate high school students from grades six through twelve in systems application, troubleshooting, design process and communication processes. Begin your new career in teaching today!
No foreign language credits required
No thesis required
Technology Education 6-12 Educator Certification :: Admissions Request copied not edited
To qualify, you just need a bachelor’s. Eligible military experience may be used in lieu of civilian licensure and wage-earning experience.
Technology Education Grade 6-12, ACP
To Complete the Alternative Certificate Program
ACP Programs:: Curriculum
Required courses (15 hours)
- EDCI 514 Management & Curriculum Development for Diverse Learners (to be taken first)
- EDCI 517 Reading & Learning K-12
- EDCI 519 Response to Intervention Applied to Exceptional Learners
- RDG 516 Foundations of Reading
- EDCI 515 Evidence-Based Learning (to be taken during internship)
- ETEC 524 Introduction to Educational Computing