Lead at The District Level
Our local ISDs need your insight. Now’s your chance to make a difference in the community. Become a respected leader in Texas school districts through our Superintendent Certification. Offered separately or combined with the Doctorate in Educational Administration, the 18-hour certification provides the skills needed to lead a school district. Work with our renowned faculty as you study school finance, facility planning, employee management and human resources. Complete a semester-long practicum where you’ll apply classroom theory to the school setting. Let us prepare you for the TExES examination and lead you towards success as a Superintendent.
Superintendent Certificate :: Program
To qualify for this certification, you must:
- Complete application through ApplyTexas.
- Review and complete the Superintendent Admissions Packet. You must include Appendix A-L in your application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Submit your teacher/administrator Service Record
- Submit your principal/mid-management certification
- Complete an application video, focusing on leadership and the role of superintendent.
Note: All documents must be completed and submitted by July 1 for fall admittance. Please mail your application to:
Educational Leadership Department
Texas A&M University-Commerce
PO Box 3011 | Commerce, TX 75429
Once admitted you must:
- Complete 18 semester hours of credit
- Participate in a semester-long practicum program which includes 160 clock hours of field experience
- Complete certification courses in three calendar years to be approved to take the Superintendent TExES