MAKE EVERY CHILD healthier
Encouraging a fit and active community is vital. With a bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology and Sports Studies with a Physical Education Teacher Education (PETE) concentration, you will be prepared to teach K-12 students. Our program emphasizes engagement and hands-on experience in the field. Learn from award-winning faculty and instructors as you grow your passion for physical education. Completing the program and becoming a certified teacher opens career pathways in education. Take a step toward your future and apply today!
No foreign language credits required
No thesis required
Kinesiology & Sports Studies (BS) Teaching Emphasis:: INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Internship provides the foundation you need for successful employment. For the PETE concentration, students take pre-internship classes followed by an internship semester which includes a practicum and residency in teaching. This emphasis will also prepare you for the TExES certification exam.
Kinesiology & Sports Studies (BS):: Student Organizations
Phi Pi Delta, the organization for Health and Human Performance majors, provides many benefits to its members:
- Meet new people that share common interests
- Network with key professionals in your field of study
- Receive financial assistance for attending professional conventions
- Engage in social activities with faculty and other students (ex. school activities, homecoming, Texas Rangers games and much more)
- Gain valuable experience that will help your professional career
Undergraduate Program Costs
Tuition and fees for undergraduate students taking 12 credit hours are $4,126 for Texas residents and $9,034 for non-residents.