Become a Teacher in Family and Consumer Sciences
Your bachelor’s degree and experience combined program will prepare you to teach family and consumer sciences to students in grades six to twelve. The 18 hours of graduate credit, six courses, in our alternative certification program are also applicable to the master’s degree in Agricultural Science. Learn how to incorporate your knowledge about such topics as family economics, child development, nutritional management, and advancing technology to instruct and educate our youth. Through our Family and Consumer Sciences Alternative Certification program at A&M-Commerce, you can give back to our future generation
No foreign language credits required
No thesis required
Family and Consumer Grades 6-12 Educator Certification :: Admissions
To qualify, you only need a Bachelor’s degree in a Family & Consumer Sciences-related discipline. If your degree is in a field other than Family & Consumer Sciences-related major, you must also pass the Texas Pre-Admissions Content Test #721 to demonstrate competency in the content area.
- Complete the online application to the Graduate School and select the Masters of Science in Agricultural Science (non-thesis option).
- Pay $50.00 non-refundable admission fee
- Submit all official undergraduate transcripts with an overall GPA of 2.75 OR a 3.0 on the last 60 hours
- College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources
- [email protected],[email protected]