Lead Your School to Success
Students remember their teachers, but teachers remember their principals. Our school districts need well-trained administrators. You can help make this happen at A&M-Commerce. The Master of Education program equips you with the leadership, financial and administrative skills needed to excel as a principal. Work with renowned faculty as you explore the risks and rewards of educational administration. Our program is designed with you in mind. Offered completely online, you can complete coursework on your own schedule. Our kids need remarkable teachers, and our teachers need accomplished leaders. Let your passion for leading begin here.
No foreign language credits required
No thesis required
Education Administration :: Principal Certification
Become a Principal
Earn your principal certification while completing your master’s degree in educational administration. If you already have a master’s degree, you can earn your Principal certification by completing our 21-hour program. Learn more about our certification-only option below.
Graduate Program Cost
Tuition and fees for graduate students taking nine credit hours are $3,594 for Texas residents and $6,897 for non-residents.
Educational Administration:: Admissions
Applications are accepted throughout the year.
- This program is intended for state of Texas educators. It is not recommended for out-of-state applicants.
- The courses for this program are available only online (no face-to-face courses). This program is not available to international students.
- Applicant must have a bachelor’s degree with an overall GPA of 2.75 or higher OR 3.0 in last 60 hours of bachelor’s degree or a conferred master’s degree with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Your Path to Becoming a Lion
Step 1. Submit Application
Submit your application through ApplyTexas.
- Select “Create a new graduate school admissions application.”
- Select “Texas A&M University-Commerce (Commerce)” as your “Target University.”
- Select “Educational Administration, MED” as your “Major.”
- Pay the $50 application fee.
Wait to receive an application confirmation email before proceeding to the next step.
- After you submit your application, the Graduate School will send a confirmation email within two business days to the personal email account you used for ApplyTexas.
Step 2. Submit Documents
Submit the following documents after you receive an application confirmation email.
- Upload your documents at myLeo > Apps > Check Admissions Application Status & Test Scores or email your documents to your graduate coordinator, [email protected], unless otherwise specified below.
Undergraduate degree in a related discipline from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum grade point average of 2.75 overall or 3.0 on last 60 hours or 3.0 overall from a master’s degree.
Contact your previous institution(s) and request that they send your official transcripts to [email protected].
- We recommend that you request transcripts for all of your academic work.
If your institution is unable to submit a digital copy, hard copies may be mailed to:
Texas A&M University-Commerce
Attn: Graduate School
PO Box 3011
Commerce, Texas 75429-3011
We will need official/original documents. If those documents are the only copies you have, the Graduate School can mail them back to you upon request. Contact [email protected] for more information.
Statement of Goals
Describe your preparation for graduate work, your academic interests and goals in no more than 500 words.
Submit proof of current valid Texas teacher certification.
Submit a teaching service record including a minimum of 1-year teaching experience.
Look for application updates in myLeo > Apps > Check Application Status
- Once an admission decision has been made, you will receive an email to your student email account at myLeo > Apps > Leomail.
Step 3. Apply for Financial Assistance
- Apply for FAFSA and TAFSA financial aid through the state and federal governments during the admission application process. Use code 003565.
- Apply for outside scholarships once you are admitted to A&M-Commerce.
- Check your financial aid and scholarship info through myLeo > Student Resources > Financial Aid Information.
Step 4. Register for Classes
Once registration opens and you are eligible to enroll, your graduate enrollment specialist is here to help you complete registration.
- View your degree plan in DegreeWorks.
- View the Schedule of Classes.
- To register for classes, go to myLeo > Student Resources > Registration Menu.
Contact your graduate enrollment specialist if you have any questions regarding your degree plan and registration.