BECOME AN AGRICULTURAL EDUCATOR
The Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources Alternative Certification program helps you develop the skills you need to teach agriculture to students in grades 6-12. Although a master’s degree is not required to complete this certification, you can apply the courses to our master’s degree in agricultural sciences. Classes are designed to prepare you to effectively educate youth by incorporating your knowledge about animals, greenhouses, protecting the environment and more into your curriculum.
No foreign language credits required
No thesis required
Agriculture Grades 6-12 Educator Certification :: Admissions Request
- A bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 2.75 overall OR a 3.0 on the last 60 hours
- Show proficiency:
- A bachelor’s degree in an agricultural-related discipline OR
- A passing score on the Texas Pre-Admissions Content Test #772
Applications are accepted throughout the year.
Your Path to Becoming a Lion
Step 1. Submit Application
Submit your application through ApplyTexas.
- Select “Create a new graduate school admissions application.”
- Select “Texas A&M University-Commerce (Commerce)” as your “Target University.”
- Select “Agricultural Science, MS” as your “Major.”
- Pay the $50 application fee.
Wait to receive an application confirmation email before proceeding to the next step.
- After you submit your application, the Graduate School will send a confirmation email within two business days to the personal email account you used for ApplyTexas.
After you submit your application, you may be granted provisional status, which means you can enroll in one semester of courses. You will not be eligible for financial aid until you submit all of your documents and are accepted into the program.
Step 2. Submit Documents
Submit the following documents after you receive an application confirmation email.
- Upload your documents at myLeo > Apps > Check Admissions Application Status & Test Scores or email your documents to [email protected], unless otherwise specified below.
Contact your previous institution(s) and request that they send your official transcripts to [email protected].
- We recommend that you request transcripts for all of your academic work.
If your institution is unable to submit a digital copy, hard copies may be mailed to:
Texas A&M University-Commerce
Attn: Graduate School
PO Box 3011
Commerce, Texas 75429-3011
Look for application updates in myLeo > Apps > Check Application Status
- Once an admission decision has been made, you will receive an email to your student email account at myLeo > Apps > Leomail.
Step 3. Apply for Financial Assistance
Step 4. Register for Classes
Once registration opens and you are eligible to enroll, your graduate enrollment specialist will contact you to complete registration.
Contact your Enrollment Specialist or Faculty Advisor if you have any questions regarding your degree plan and registration.