The Planetarium has completed renovations and is reopening for the holiday season with new seating. Beginning November 13th, the Planetarium will host back to back showings of The Mystery of the Christmas Star on Friday nights at 7:00 pm and 8:15 pm. The show consists of a night sky presentation, the full-dome feature and an animated Christmas song.
Due to ongoing COVID-19 concerns, the maximum number of guests will be limited to allow for social distancing. The Planetarium has instituted the following guidelines for the health and safety of all visitors and staff:
- Guests will be greeted at the door for temperature checks. A contact-less forehead scan will be made to ensure each guest if free of fever. Any temperature above 99° will not be permitted.
- All visitors will require a reservation. Reservations must be made by speaking with one of our staff.
- Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Each group will be assigned seating to ensure social distancing.
- Masks will be required for all guests regardless of age. If a guest is unable to wear a mask, they will not be permitted in the building.
- The Planetarium has added additional ventilation. Units with HEPA filters have been added to the interior of the Planetarium.
- Guests will not be permitted into the dome until COVID-19 disinfection has been completed.
- We ask that one person per group enter the ticket office to purchase tickets and check in for the reservations. Tickets are $5/person.
- Contact tracing will be enforced for COVID-19 purposes only.
Friday night shows are available on the following nights at 7:00pm and 8:15pm:
- November 13th
- November 20th
- December 4th
- December 11th
- December 18th
Please note that there will be no shows offered on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
All visitors are required to reserve seats prior to the show. To make a reservation, please call the office at 903.468.8650 and speak to one of our staff.
If you are unable to reach a staff member, please leave your name and a call back number. Reservations over email or voice message are not being accepted. However, a callback can be requested by emailing [email protected] with your party’s name and number.
Reservations are required for each member of your group. If your group is larger than indicated at the time of reservation, we will be happy to reserve on a different day and time for your group.
Your reservation will not be confirmed until one of our staff have personally spoken with you.
Tickets are $5 per person for each member of your party.
The Planetarium is offering private reservations outside of our regular Friday night public shows. A private show consists of a night sky presentation and any show from the show catalogue. If you would like to reserve a private group, please contact the office at 903.468.8650 or email [email protected]. The cost of a single private show is $5 per person for groups of 10 or more and $50 for groups fewer than 10.
All visitors are required to wear a mask while in the building. Members of a private group that are not considered family will not be permitted to sit together. Please note that this will affect the maximum number of guests in the Planetarium. The times for a private showing are dependent on scheduling options. Please contact the office for more information.Back to menu Scroll to top