Due to COVID-19, special restrictions are put in place to help ensure the safety of our guests.
Reservations can be made by e-mailing [email protected] or by calling the office at 903.468.8650. Schools groups are scheduled based on the specific needs and travel times of the school and the shows are not required to start at the beginning of the hour. We require that the school representatives, preferably the teacher, make their own reservations so we may provide the best possible service.
When reservations are made the teacher will receive a confirmation letter with inclusive information to complete all travel arrangements: including payment and bus reservations. It is not our practice to invoice schools. All information necessary will be made available in the confirmation letter. Schools are asked to include the following:
- Number in the group
- Grade level
- Show preference
- School name, phone number and mailing address
- Contact name, phone number, and email
Regular shows lasts approximately 50 minutes and consists of an interactive night sky presentation along with a fulldome feature. Doubles features varying in length depending on the show selection but always begin with an interactive night sky presentation prior to the first feature. Please visit our catalogue to preview our selections as well as view trailers for the shows.
Ticket prices for school groups are the same for each member of the group including: students, teachers, parents, and anyone who elects to watch the program. Tickets are $5/person.
Due to COVID-19, the Planetarium is only permitting one class at a time. The Planetarium has a strict seating capacity of 20 students. The seating capacity is strictly enforced. If a group exceeds 20 we are happy to schedule multiple sessions for the same school or teacher.
Payment can be made via cash, check, or credit card. We ask that the teacher collect the full sum for the entire group and have one payment ready to expedite the check-in process upon the group’s arrival.
Checks can be make payable to the “Planetarium”.
Payment is due on the day of the visit. It is against university policy to accept payment in advance.
Parents and Guests
In response to COVID-19, outside guests including parents and siblings will not be allowed to attend with the school group.
It is very important that groups arrive and start on time. Please note that school groups are often scheduled back to back. If the group arrives late or is delayed in starting, the duration of the program will be reduced as needed. After the doors have closed there is no late admission due to dark conditions. Late admission is strictly prohibited for the comfort and safety of all our visitors.
Please note that campus construction is ongoing. The traditional entrance to our parking lot (Lot 35) is permanently closed. Entrance to the Planetarium is available from Culver and Neal St. The university requests that buses pull through the “bus drop off zone” to offload passengers. Buses are not permitted to park in Lot 35, instead are requested to park in the overflow lot, Lot 19. Please view the campus map for details.
All individual vehicles require parking passes. For individual parking passes, please click on the link provided. The parking passes are free and can be completed electronically at: https://apps.tamuc.edu/visitorparking/. Please note that Lot 35 is parking for both university students and faculty/staff causes parking to be extremely limited during normal university hours. Please plan accordingly and allow extra time to walk to the Planetarium.
Buses do not require a parking pass.
General parking information can be found here.Back to menu
For the comfort and safety of all planetarium visitors, we request that all visitors comply with the following policies:
- No late admission to the planetarium, once the show begins, the doors will remain closed for the comfort and safety of all visitors.
- Please enter from either Culver or Neal Street, and use parking lots 16, 18, or 19 as noted on the campus map for parking.
- All cell phones must be turned off before entering the planetarium. The phones can interfere with the wireless system used to run the program.
- No food or drinks in the planetarium—this includes gum or candy.
- After the doors are closed for the beginning of the program they will remain closed. If there is a reason to leave the show while it is in progress, you will not be allowed to re-enter the facility. The light flooding the planetarium interrupts the viewing for all of the remaining guests as well as jeopardizing the safety of those moving in the darkened facility.
- Campus Map
- All personal vehicles are required to display a parking pass for all visits other than Friday night public shows. The form for the free parking pass can be found by clicking this link. Free Visitor Parking Pass
- The seating capacity of the planetarium is 81 and we are required to strictly remain within those limits.
- The Planetarium is handicap accessible. Please see the seating guide below for handicap access. Feel free to call for any special requests. Our office will be happy to accommodate any needs and can be reached at 903.468.8650.
The planetarium is located in the McFarland Science Building of the A&M-Commerce campus, located approximately 65 miles northeast of the Dallas metroplex.
From Dallas, take Interstate 30 east. Exit to Highway 50/24 (exit 101) and proceed approximately 10 miles north to Commerce. The first intersection/stoplight is Culver and Hwy 50/24, turn right toward the east and prepare to take the first turn left turn on Neal Street. Continue straight on Neal Street which will end at the McFarland Science Building. Signs have been posted for directions beginning at the intersection of Culver and Hwy 50/24.
Physical address: 2201 W. Neal St, Commerce, TX 75428
All personal vehicles are required to complete a parking pass for all visits other than Friday night public shows. The free parking pass application can be found by clicking this link
Due to construction in front of the science building, please utilize parking lots 16, 18, and 19 on the campus map found at the link below for all parking.
Parking in Lot 35 is extremely limited during regular business hours.
Please allow extra time for parking and to purchase tickets. For the comfort and safety of all our visitors, once the planetarium doors are closed, late admission is not permitted.Back to menu