The Planetarium has completed renovations and is reopening for the holiday season with new seating. Beginning November 13th, the Planetarium will host back to back showings of The Mystery of the Christmas Star at 7:00 pm and 8:15 pm. The show consists of a night sky presentation, the full-dome feature and an animated Christmas song.
Due to ongoing COVID-19 concerns, the maximum number of guests will be limited to allow for social distancing. The Planetarium has instituted the following guidelines for the health and safety of all visitors and staff:
- All visitors will require a reservation. Reservations must be made by speaking with one of our staff.
- Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Each family will be assigned seating to ensure social distancing.
- Masks will be required for all guests regardless of age. If a guest is unable to wear a mask, they will not be permitted in the building.
- A contactless forehead scan will be made to ensure each guest if free of fever.
- The Planetarium has added additional ventilation. Units with HEPA filters have been added to the interior of the Planetarium.
- Guests will not be permitted into the dome until COVID-19 disinfection has been completed.
- We ask that one person per family group enter the ticket office to purchase tickets and check in for the reservations.
- Contact tracing will be enforced for COVID-19 purposes only.
All visitors are required to reserve seats prior to the show. To make a reservation, please call the office at 903.468.8650 and speak to one of our staff.
If you are unable to reach a staff member, please leave your name and a call back number. Reservations over email or voice message are not being accepted. However, a callback can be requested by emailing [email protected] with your party’s name and number.
Reservations are required for each member of your group. If your group is larger than indicated at the time of reservation, we will be happy to reserve on a different day and time for your group.
Your reservation will not be confirmed until one of our staff have personally spoken with you.
Tickets are $5 per person for each member of your party.
The Planetarium is offering private reservations outside of our regular Friday night public shows. A private show consists of a night sky presentation and any show from the show catalogue. If you would like to reserve a private group, please contact the office at 903.468.8650 or email [email protected]. The cost of a single private show is $5 per person for groups of 10 or more and $50 for groups fewer than 10.
All visitors are required to wear a mask while in the building. Members of a private group that are not considered family will not be permitted to sit together. Please note that this will affect the maximum number of guests in the Planetarium. The times for a private showing are dependent on scheduling options. Please contact the office for more information.Back to menu Scroll to top
The planetarium is located in the McFarland Science Building of the A&M-Commerce campus, located approximately 65 miles northeast of the Dallas metroplex.
From Dallas, take Interstate 30 east. Exit to Highway 50/24 (exit 101) and proceed approximately 10 miles north to Commerce. The first intersection/stoplight is Culver and Hwy 50/24, turn right toward the east and prepare to take the first turn left turn on Neal Street. Continue straight on Neal Street which will end at the McFarland Science Building. Signs have been posted for directions beginning at the intersection of Culver and Hwy 50/24.
Physical address: 2201 W. Neal St, Commerce, TX 75428
All personal vehicles are required to complete a parking pass for all visits other than Friday night public shows. The free parking pass application can be found by clicking this link
Due to construction in front of the science building, please utilize parking lots 16, 18, and 19 on the campus map found at the link below for all parking.
Parking in Lot 35 is extremely limited during regular business hours.
Please allow extra time for parking and to purchase tickets. For the comfort and safety of all our visitors, once the planetarium doors are closed, late admission is not permitted.Back to menu Scroll to top
For the comfort and safety of all planetarium visitors, we request that all visitors comply with the following policies:
- No late admission to the planetarium, once the show begins, the doors will remain closed for the comfort and safety of all visitors.
- Due to construction, access from Hwy 24 is permanently closed. Please enter from either Culver or Neal Street, and use parking lots 16, 18, or 19 as noted on the campus map for parking.
- All cell phones must be turned off before entering the planetarium. The phones can interfere with the wireless system used to run the program.
- No food or drinks in the planetarium—this includes gum or candy.
- After the doors are closed for the beginning of the program they will remain closed. If there is a reason to leave the show while it is in progress, you will not be allowed to re-enter the facility. The light flooding the planetarium interrupts the viewing for all of the remaining guests as well as jeopardizing the safety of those moving in the darkened facility.
- Campus Map
- All personal vehicles are required to display a parking pass for all visits other than Friday night public shows. The form for the free parking pass can be found by clicking this link. Free Visitor Parking Pass
- The seating capacity of the planetarium is 87 and we are required to strictly remain within those limits.
- The Planetarium is handicap accessible. Please see the seating guide below for handicap access. Feel free to call for any special requests. Our office will be happy to accommodate any needs and can be reached at 903.468.8650.
For questions and inquiries about the Planetarium or observatory please contact us at:
For a recorded message providing show information and times call:
Contact us by e-mail at [email protected]
Or by regular mail at:
McFarland Science Building, Suite 148
PO Box 3011
Commerce, TX 75429-3011