The Texas A&M University-Commerce is located on the first floor of the McFarland Science Building and is home to a Digistar 5 all-digital projection system in a 40 foot dome which provides amazing sights and sounds audiences of all ages. The Planetarium’s 87 reclined seats immerse the viewer in a space environment, filling their vision, appearing to take them to places beyond the Earth.
The planetarium is open to the public for regular planetarium shows on Fridays at 7 & 8 pm. Each show lasts approximately 50 minutes and begins with a live-interactive presentation of the current night sky where constellations, stars, and planets are shown.Back to menu Scroll to top
Bring your students to experience the wonders of the night sky with a live, interactive presentation and fulldome feature. Grade specific content is available for students of all ages from PreK and above. Shows are developed to target specific audiences and although recommended for target groups, all shows are available upon request. Click the here for more information.
The Planetarium welcomes special groups of any age for private showings. A private show may be a Planetarium show, a private DVD or Blu-Ray, or hosting a birthday celebration. Click the here for more information.
|Senior citizens (over 55) & TAMUC faculty/staff (with ID)||$4.50|
|Children (under 18) & university students (with ID)||$4.00|
|Privately scheduled groups, School groups, or Special programs:|
|Per person rate for one show selection (for groups larger than 12)||$4.00|
|Per person rate for two shows presented back-to-back||$7.00|
|Minimum (for groups with less than 12 in attendance-one show)||$50.00|
A $1.00 discount will be provided on the second show for each person who purchases tickets for both shows on the same day.Back to menu Scroll to top
The planetarium is located in the McFarland Science Building of the A&M-Commerce campus, located approximately 65 miles northeast of the Dallas metroplex.
From Dallas, take Interstate 30 east. Exit to Highway 50/24 (exit 101) and proceed approximately 10 miles north to Commerce. The first intersection/stoplight is Culver and Hwy 50/24, turn right toward the east and prepare to take the first turn left turn on Neal Street. Continue straight on Neal Street which will end at the McFarland Science Building. Signs have been posted for directions beginning at the intersection of Culver and Hwy 50/24.
Physical address: 2201 W. Neal St, Commerce, TX 75428
All personal vehicles are required to complete a parking pass for all visits other than Friday night public shows. The free parking pass application can be found by clicking this link.
Due to construction in front of the science building, please utilize parking lots 16, 18, and 19 on the campus map found at the link below for all parking.
Parking in Lot 35 is extremely limited during regular business hours.
Please allow extra time for parking and to purchase tickets. For the comfort and safety of all our visitors, once the planetarium doors are closed, late admission is not permitted.Back to menu Scroll to top
For the comfort and safety of all planetarium visitors, we request that all visitors comply with the following policies:
- No late admission to the planetarium, once the show begins, the doors will remain closed for the comfort and safety of all visitors.
- Due to construction, access from Hwy 24 is permanently closed. Please enter from either Culver or Neal Street, and use parking lots 16, 18, or 19 as noted on the campus map for parking.
- All cell phones must be turned off before entering the planetarium. The phones can interfere with the wireless system used to run the program.
- No food or drinks in the planetarium—this includes gum or candy.
- After the doors are closed for the beginning of the program they will remain closed. If there is a reason to leave the show while it is in progress, you will not be allowed to re-enter the facility. The light flooding the planetarium interrupts the viewing for all of the remaining guests as well as jeopardizing the safety of those moving in the darkened facility.
- Campus Map
- All personal vehicles are required to display a parking pass for all visits other than Friday night public shows. The form for the free parking pass can be found by clicking this link. Free Visitor Parking Pass
- The seating capacity of the planetarium is 87 and we are required to strictly remain within those limits.
- The Planetarium is handicap accessible. Please see the seating guide below for handicap access. Feel free to call for any special requests. Our office will be happy to accommodate any needs and can be reached at 903.468.8650.