Vicki Stewart has had an exciting career as an accountant from foreign audit specialist to revenue examiner. While still working in industry, she taught accounting principles, federal corporate tax and auditing. Wanting a change, Professor Stewart began teaching accounting at A&M-Commerce in 2016.
A Conversation with Viki Stewart
What draws you to accounting?
“I enjoy sharing my experiences as an accountant with my students. After many years as an accountant, I decided to teach and mentor future leaders in the field of accounting.”
What has been your favorite course to teach?
“Auditing. I was an auditor for 25 years and enjoyed it. With my students, I am able to share this joy and provide practical knowledge that I learned as an auditor.”
Tell us about a project you are currently working on or have recently completed.
“I am busy working on my doctorate in higher education including curriculum development and institutional effectiveness.”
- MS, Accountancy, Alabama State University, 2000
- BS, Business Administration, Jacksonville State University, 1983
Awards and Honors
- Who’s Who Among American Colleges and Universities, 1983
- Merit Award for Highest Grades on Uniform CPA Exam, Alabama State Board of Public Accountancy, 1994
- Accounting Education
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Dallas Chapter