Hearing former students thrive as accountants brings Meifang Xiang joy. She brings a wealth of knowledge to the university classroom, providing the support and practical skills students need to excel.
A Conversation with Dr. Xiang
What draws you to accounting?
“I find accounting to be interesting and challenging. It is the language of the business world. Accountants are needed everywhere.”
What has been your favorite course to teach?
“My number one favorite course to teach is Advanced Accounting. Government and not-for-profit accounting is my second favorite course to teach. My third favorite course to teach is Financial Statement Analysis.”
What would you tell a student who is thinking about attending A&M-Commerce?
“A&M-Commerce is the place where you can learn what you need for your career, be yourself and get to know many nice and professional people.”
- Ph.D., Purdue University, 2008
- MS, Central University of Finance and Economics, 2000
- BS, Central University of Finance and Economics, 1997
Awards and Honors
- Robert Gruber Accounting Professorship, 2016-2019
- Financial Statement and Reporting
- Bank-Firm Relationships
- Government and not-for-profit accounting
- American Accounting Association (AAA)
- Chinese Institute of Certified Public Accountants (CICPA)