Dr. Mark J. Rudin became the 13th President of Texas A&M University-Commerce on August 16, 2018, bringing his knowledge of academic leadership and institutional success.
Prior to assuming the presidency at A&M-Commerce, Rudin served as the Vice President for Research and Economic Development at Boise State University. Over the course of 11 years there, he played a central role in expanding the research activity at the university.
Rudin’s wife, Elizabeth “Libby” (Schreiber) Rudin, is a fellow Purdue University grad and chemist. They are the proud parents of Noah, Mia and Izzy Rudin. The Rudin family also includes faithful canine companion PI. The Rudins live on campus in Heritage House, the historic home of East Texas State University and A&M-Commerce presidents.
- Ph.D., Medicinal Chemistry, Purdue University, 1989
- MS, Health Physics, Purdue University, 1985
- Bachelor of General Health Science, Purdue University, 1983
- President and CEO, Texas A&M University-Commerce, 2018-present
- Vice President for Research, Division of Research, Boise State University, 2007-2018
- Interim Vice President for Research and Graduate Dean, Division of Research and Graduate Studies, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2006-2006
- Senior Associate Vice President for Research Services, Division of Research and Graduate Studies, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2005-2006
- Associate Vice President for Research Services, Office of Research and Graduate Studies, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2003-2005
- Department Chair, Department of Health Physics, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 1993-2003
- Technical/Administrative Assistant, U.S. Department of Energy Headquarters, 1992-1993
- Senior Program Specialist/Project Engineer, EG&G, 1989-1993
- Instructor, Department of Health Physis, Idaho State University, 1990-1992