After graduating from the University of North Texas, Karen “Kathy” Draves taught Elementary Music for 19 years in Southlake, Arlington, and Carrollton.
She received her Master of Music in Music Education at the University of Texas at Arlington where she now teaches Elementary Methods and World Music. She serves as an adjunct for A&M-Commerce, as a Field Supervisor for student teachers.
Ms. Draves also serves as the Artistic Director for Musical Memory Singers, a newly formed chorus in Pantego/Arlington for people with early-onset Alzheimer’s and dementia and their care partners.
- M.M., Music Education, The University of Texas at Arlington, 2018
- B.M., Music Education, University of North Texas, 1998
- Instructor, Early Childhood Music, University of Texas at Arlington, 2018-Present
- Instructor, Elementary Music, University of Texas at Arlington, 2018-Present
- Instructor, Introduction to World Music, University of Texas at Arlington, 2018-Present