The Office of Undergraduate Admissions at Texas A&M University-Commerce launched a new school application (app) platform on March 8, 2017. This app, which is part of the office’s TargetX implementation, is a university-branded mobile community for A&M-Commerce’s incoming freshman and transfer students for the Fall 2017 semester. It allows the Office of Undergraduate admissions to enhance engagement efforts with new students and let them connect peer to peer. The app is similar to Facebook and mobile friendly. Some established features and benefits of the school’s app include:
- Gives students the ability to create student groups with fellow students that may be interested in studying for similar courses
- Connects the incoming class with their peers to accelerate engagement with our university
- Enables students to collaborate and communicate with one another through the Group Messaging feature
- Allows us to target and nurture specific pockets of students with personalized messaging
- Increases productivity by focusing on students who are on-the-fence and most likely to enroll
As of March 23, 650 new students have joined our school’s app.
For more information about this feature, please contact Dali Hatanville, Office of Undergraduate Admissions at [email protected]