Join Our New Student Orientation Team
The New Student Orientation Team is a group of students with diverse experiences, backgrounds, and strengths. Want to join the team? Apply today!
Want to know more?
Why Should I Apply for Orientation team?
- Earn money while having fun, meeting new friends, and making a positive impact on new students and their parents and guests.
- Experience personal and professional growth.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Receive free official New Student Orientation Team apparel.
- Enhance your professional resume.
What is the deadline?
What are the qualifications/requirements to apply for the New Student Orientation Team?
- Possess a minimum 2.5 overall GPA (3.0 if a graduate student).
- Be in good standing with the University.
- Have completed at least one semester at A&M-Commerce.
- Be an enrolled and involved student at A&M-Commerce.
- Be present and available to work all summer/fall New Student Orientation sessions and Lion Camp.
- Participate in a bi-weekly Orientation Team meeting/training class during the spring semester.
- Be available to participate in the NODA (National Orientation Director’s Association) Regional Conference.
- Demonstrate flexibility, creativity, humor, and dedication.
- Exemplify dedication, initiative, and self-motivation.
- Maintain a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and stamina throughout long working days.
- Be open to learning and new experiences.
- Exhibit respect for others’ ideas and opinions.
- Have the ability to work with a diverse population and relate to students of various backgrounds, cultures, and lifestyles.
- Communicate effectively and clearly with peers, new students, faculty and staff members, parents, and guests.
- Feel comfortable facilitating small and large group discussions and activities.
- Display a high level of maturity and an ability to use independent judgment in decision making.
- Possess a sincere desire to make a difference in the lives of peers and new students.
- Be an effective team player.
First Year and Transition Programs
Welcome to the First Year and Transition Programs Office. If you are an incoming student, our office is here to welcome and support you.
- Campus Visits: We offer a variety of campus visits so you and your guests can explore and experience all that A&M-Commerce offers.
- Orientation Program: We also conduct an extensive orientation program that helps integrate new students into our university.
Please let us know how we can help you! We are committed to serving students throughout the college selection and transition process.
Meet Our Staff:
Director of First Year and Transition Programs
Coordinator of First Year and Transition Programs
OSS 151Back to menu Scroll to top