LIS:: COVID-19 Update
For the protection of our faculty, students and staff, the Lion’s Innovation Showcase has been postponed until this fall. We look forward to witnessing your creative ideas and inventions! Stay healthy, Lions!
Witness the innovation
Turn your ideas into investments at our Lion’s Innovation Showcase. Open to students, faculty and staff, our showcase lets you exhibit your creativity, innovations and entrepreneurial spirit. Whether it’s a product or performance, we want to see your work on display. Compete in one of ten categories for your chance to win $2,000 in prizes. Our event is also open to high school students in Northeast Texas.
Note: The Spring 2020 Lion’s Innovation Showcase will be held on Thursday, April 23 from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Sam Rayburn Student Center.
Lion Innovation Showcase :: Learn the skills needed for success copied not edited
The Opportunities Are Endless
We want you to discover innovative ideas for either new or existing products. Opportunities will present themselves, all you need to do is take the initiative.
Lion Innovation Showcase :: Our Categories
Present your agricultural inventions and discoveries at our upcoming Lion’s Innovation Showcase. We want to know how you can help improve the agriculture industry through creativity and innovation.
Do you want to make a difference in the world? Do you have ideas for bettering your community? Present your written plan or “pitch” to real investors. Help those around you by turning your ideas into reality.
Come and display your creativity at our next showcase. Our Artistic Work category is designed for non-performance presentations like paintings, film, photography and henna! We also offer a separate category for high school students.
Designed for high school students, our Science category lets young minds present their scientific discoveries and research ideas to our university.
You have talents. We want to know about them. Our Artistic Performance category enables you to present your talents in front of a live crowd. Whether it’s opera or slam poetry, we want to hear you. We also offer a separate category for high school students.
Are you a baker or chef at heart? Let us taste your wonderful creations at our next showcase! Discover ways to market your recipes and gain recognition for your culinary talents.
If you’ve written a paper or conducted a survey that you’re proud of, it’s time to think outside the box and show the world why it matters. Think of ways that you can engage your audience beyond the paper presentations and poster boards.
Present your technological innovations and discoveries through our Technology category. We want for you to think of creative ways to showcase your unique ideas.
Do you have a marketable product or business idea? Tell others of your innovative services through our Product/Service Pitch Presentation category.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my family and friends need to pay to get into the Innovation Showcase?
What categories can I compete in at the Lions Innovations Showcase?
When is the Lion’s Innovation Showcase?
What categories are open to high school students?
Am I allowed to participate in more than one category in the Lions Innovation Showcase?
How will I be evaluated at the Lion’s Innovation Showcase?
- The elaboration and delivery of the idea that reflects knowledge of the domain
- The work/performance satisfies a demand or a need in the market or society
- The work/performance is new or unique and will be delivered in a manner reflecting high-quality work
- The work/performance has the potential to meet a demand and create value in the current market
- The exhibition of the work/performance during the showcase clearly draws heightened attention from the public and strongly elicits interest from the target audience
Product/Service Pitch Presentation
- The accompanying business plan has the potential to be successful given current market conditions should the plan be executed
- The research satisfies a gap in the literature
- The research presentation is unique (no poster boards) and will be produced and/or delivered in a manner reflecting high quality
- The product and research has the potential to be successful given current market conditions should it be carried to market