Witness the innovation
Turn your ideas into investments at our Lion’s Innovation Showcase. Open to students, faculty and staff, our showcase lets you exhibit your creativity, innovations and entrepreneurial spirit. Whether it’s a product or performance, we want to see your work on display. Compete in one of ten categories for your chance to win $2,000 in prizes. Our event is also open to high school students in Northeast Texas.
Note: The Spring 2020 Lion’s Innovation Showcase will be held on Thursday, April 23 from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Sam Rayburn Student Center.
Lion Innovation Showcase :: Learn the skills needed for success copied not edited
The Opportunities Are Endless
We want you to discover innovative ideas for either new or existing products. Opportunities will present themselves, all you need to do is take the initiative.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my family members and friends need to pay to get in?
Who do I contact for more information about the Lion’s Innovation Showcase?
When is the Lion’s Innovation Showcase?
What categories can I compete in at the Lion’s Innovations Showcase?
What categories are open to high school students?
How will I be evaluated at the Lion’s Innovation Showcase?
- The elaboration and delivery of the idea that reflects knowledge of the domain
- The work/performance satisfies a demand or a need in the market or society
- The work/performance is new or unique and will be delivered in a manner reflecting high-quality work
- The work/performance has the potential to meet a demand and create value in the current market
- The exhibition of the work/performance during the showcase clearly draws heightened attention from the public and strongly elicits interest from the target audience
Product/Service Pitch Presentation
- The accompanying business plan has the potential to be successful given current market conditions should the plan be executed
- The research satisfies a gap in the literature
- The research presentation is unique (no posterboards) and will be produced and/or delivered in a manner reflecting high quality
- The product and research has the potential to be successful given current market conditions should it be carried to market