What do the different graduate admission statuses mean?
The Graduate School offers various opportunities for graduate admissions. Below are the types of admissions and links to program-specific information.
Each program/area of study may require additional documents or have different admissions deadlines, so please contact one of the Graduate Services Coordinators for more information.
- Master’s & specialist degree programs offer full, conditional and provisional admission.
- Doctoral programs offer full admission.
- Educator certification, graduate certificates and non-degree programs offer provisional admission and non-degree admission.
- International students (F1 or J1 visa holders) are eligible for full and conditional admissions only.
Full Admission Status
Full admission is available to applicants seeking a degree program with a complete admission application packet and who meet all Graduate School and departmental requirements.
Conditional Admission Status
Conditional admission is available to applicants with a complete admission application packet but who do not qualify for full admission.
- This conditional status could be because of a low bachelor’s degree GPA (below 2.75 for most programs/3.00 for business programs) or other departmental requirements.
- After completing 12 graduate hours, a conditional student must have an overall graduate grade point average of 3.00 or higher.
- Failure to achieve the minimum 3.0 GPA after completing 12 graduate hours will result in suspension of the student from further graduate study in any degree program for 3 years.
Provisional Admission Status
Provisional admission is offered to students to enroll for one semester (the initial semester of enrollment in the Graduate School) with any of the following deficiencies:
- An official bachelor’s transcript from a regionally accredited institution is not on file
- An official GRE or GMAT score is not on file
- One or more departmental requirements are incomplete
Students admitted provisionally must be sure their missing documents are received by the Office of Graduate Studies and all requirements are complete before the end of the first semester of enrollment so the Graduate School can continue the admission consideration process.
Completion of the application packet and all requirements on time is the student’s responsibility. Students whose files are not complete during the semester of provisional enrollment will not be permitted to re-enroll or early register until the necessary documentation is received and admission is granted.
Financial Aid and Graduate Assistantships are not available while in provisional status.
International Students (F1 or J1 visa holders) are eligible for full and conditional admissions only.
Non-degree Complete Status
Non-degree complete status is offered to students who have submitted all admission documents and met all admission requirements for a graduate certificate, educator certification, and personal, professional and career development.
- Doctoral programs accept full admission only.
- Financial aid is available for full and conditional admission status only.
- International Students (F1 or J1 visa holders) are eligible for full and conditional admissions only.
A&M-Commerce is currently not authorized by the state of Massachusetts to provide instruction to individuals who reside in the state of Massachusetts while pursuing a degree with A&M-Commerce.
All documents submitted to the Graduate School for admission consideration become the property of the Graduate School. Documents cannot be returned. If your previous university only issues one transcript, please contact the Graduate School ([email protected]) or your Graduate Coordinator for help.
Note: Each program/area of study may have additional admission requirements or may require additional documents.
Please review the following areas for additional information: