Skip to content

I am interested in principal certification or superintendent certification. How do I apply?

You may apply for principal or superintendent certification if you are admitted to the master’s of educational administration program or already hold a master’s degree.

You need to apply through Apply Texas principal or superintendent certification, submit your application fee, and bachelor’s and master’s transcripts to the Graduate School. Also, contact the Educator Certification Office (903.886.5183) and the Educational Leadership Department (903.886.5520) and submit any additional required documentation for the principal certification.

If you are applying for superintendent certification through a cohort, you need to apply as superintendent certification through Apply Texas, submit your bachelor’s and master’s transcripts, and pay the graduate application fee to the Graduate School. Also, contact the Educational Leadership Department (903.886.5515) for further assistance.

Navigate This Page