Coronavirus: How can I protect myself from the virus?
Stay educated on the disease by reading the CDC website. Most people who become infected experience a mild illness and recover, but it can be more severe for others.
Take care of yourself by doing the following:
- Stay home if you don’t feel well. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call ahead to the medical office.
- Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand rub. This helps kill viruses that might be on your hand.
- Stay at least three feet away from someone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Follow good respiratory hygiene, which means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Dispose of the tissue immediately.