Campus Recreation: Aquatics
Life is cool by the pool
Stay active outside from March to November with our aquatics programs! We offer a variety of activities ranging from swim lessons to log rolling competitions. You can also enjoy the pool on your own time during our open swim hours!
Campus Recreation : Aquatic Events
Get in the PoolBack to menu
Campus Recreation: Learn to Swim
Learn to Swim
Does your child need to learn how to swim? Do they need to brush up on their swim skills?
Do you want to feel more confident and comfortable in the water? Do you want to learn different swim strokes?
We have you covered with our no experience necessary, any age, and any skill Swim Lesson Program!
Private Lessons (One Swimmer)
- Offering lessons May 1 – August 31 (Registration opens April 15)
- Current Campus Rec Member: $115 for 6 lessons (30-minute lessons)
- Non-Campus Rec Member: $130 for 6 lessons (30-minute lessons)
- We are not offering group lessons at this time
Good To Know Info
- All swim lessons are taught by certified American Red Cross Water Safety Instructors.
- Register and pay at the MRC front desk.
- Based on instructor availability, you will be assigned an instructor who will work to arrange a schedule based on their and your availability.
Before you arrive
- Participants should check in 15 minutes before the start of each session on the pool deck.
- All lessons are held at the MRC Great OutRoars Pool.
- If there is inclement weather in the area or our staff deems conditions unsafe, the outdoor facilities close, and lessons are canceled. Lessons do not get rescheduled and we encourage you to call ahead.
- A swimsuit is required to participate in all swim lessons. Review the swim attire guidelines before arriving.
- Check out the COVID19 guide regarding the Great Outroars.