Campus Recreation: Open Recreation Big Easy Links
Patrons must reserve a time-slot through the recportal to visit the MRC. The checkout process is the same as if you were making a purchase.
If you are going to the climbing wall, have an appointment with a personal trainer, reserved a time slot for a group fitness class, or are registered to play an intramural sport, then you do not need a facility reservation.
Reserving a Timeslot
- Log in to the recportal
- Student/faculty/staff: Click sign TAMUC SSO
- Non student/faculty/staff: Click Non-TAMUC Affiliate. See below for additional info about Non-TAMUC affiliates.
- Select your reservation area from the list of icons
- Choose from MRC reservation, Pool reservations or MAC reservations
- Pick a day and time
- Click register and proceed through the checkout
- When arriving at the area you reserved, confirm your reservation at the designated check-in desk and then swipe through the turnstile to access the facility.
- At the end of your reservation time, swipe out at the turnstiles to ensure we are tracking our capacity at each space.
Reservations will be held for 15 minutes if the facility is at capacity.
Canceling a Timeslot
- Log in to the recportal
- Click your name on the top right corner
- Click profile from the drop-down menu
- Click programs on the left side of the screen
- Click the three dots to the right of any registration and select cancel registration
Logging in to the Recportal
Current or Expired MRC Members
This information is for anyone who has visited the MRC in the past and therefore has a profile in our membership software.
All Faculty, Staff and Students, whether you have visited the MRC or not, are able to log in to the recportal using the SSO login. Please see the Faculty, Staff and Students section for troubleshooting.
Instructions for current/expired MRC Members without SSO authentication:
- Click on the link “Log In”
- Click “Non-TAMUC Affiliate”
- If you don’t know your username and/or password, click on “Trouble Logging In?”
- Enter the email address that was used when you first created your MRC membership.
- Select either Recover Username or Reset Password.
- If you do not know your email address, or you receive the error message below, contact the MRC Member Services at 903.468.3181 or email [email protected] to let them know that you need help logging in to the recportal. (This error occurs because we either do not have an email on file, or username has not been created. MRC Member Services can assist with both of these problems.)
Current Faculty, Staff and Students
All faculty, staff and students, regardless of if you have ever been to the MRC, will be able to log in to the recportal using the SSO.
Currently, enrolled students will show that you have an active membership, which will allow you full functionality in the recportal.
Faculty and staff with a current MRC membership will also have full functionality in the recportal.
Faculty and staff without a current MRC membership will be able to log in to the recportal, but you will be unable to purchase programs or make reservations that are restricted to members only. If you would like to purchase a membership, please visit the MRC front desk.
Campus Recreation: Informal Recreation Featured Spaces
This multi-activity turf field can be set up to use the full length of the court or sectioned into three smaller courts by a divider system. It also has an open seating area with lounge chairs for watching activities or hosting special gatherings. The MAC is the perfect spot to play volleyball, soccer, futsal and cornhole.
The Cain Sports Complex is a multipurpose outdoor facility for A&M-Commerce and the Commerce community. It features multiple sports fields, four tennis courts, a support facility for equipment check out and restrooms, four sand volleyball courts with a support facility with restrooms, and multipurpose green spaces. Spaces are first-come first-serve unless reserved by Campus Recreation.
The two-court gym can be set up to play various sports, such as basketball, badminton, and pickleball. The spaces are first-come-first-serve unless reserved by Campus Recreation or other organizations.
Court 1 is currently used as an extra fitness area
The Activity Room is one large fitness space, equipped with TRX, stationary bikes, yoga mats, fitness equipment, and Wellbeats, a premier on-demand fitness provider. When there are no fitness classes scheduled, the activity room is opened to all Campus Recreation members. This space can be reserved by student organizations or other campus departments.
The MRC has four racquetball courts. They can be used for racquetball as well as other activities such as Wallyball, dance, table tennis, badminton, and more utilized the courts. The courts can be reserved on a daily basis by contacting the MRC front desk.
How to use the Wellbeats system in the Activity Room:
- The Wellbeats monitor is located at the front right corner of the Activity Room in the MRC.
- Start by pressing the “On” button on the panel underneath the Wellbeats monitor. This will turn on the projector. Please refrain from pressing either input button below as this can turn off the video feed. If you are in need of assistance please ask a building supervisor for help.
- The projector screen will already be down and the feed from the monitor should appear on the screen. Browse through the hundreds of fitness class options, participate in a month-long challenge, or try out a Fit Test.
- You can use the filter button on the Wellbeats main page to find a class that perfectly fits you!
- All of the electronics are pre-set so please refrain from pressing the volume up or down buttons below the monitor.
- If you need a specific piece of equipment for your class that isn’t on the activity room floor please ask the building supervisor to assist you with what you need.
- We ask that after you are done with your workout to please press the “Off” button located under the monitor twice to shut down the projector.
- Return equipment to a building supervisor when finished.
Campus Recreation: Informal Recreation Equipment Checkout
Recreational equipment is available for free checkout at the member services desk with a valid Lion Card. All equipment is required to be returned in the same condition and the same day on which it was checked out. A replacement cost may be charged for any lost, late, or damaged equipment. All outdoor adventure-based equipment can be checked out at the Outdoor Adventure Center on Culver Street behind the Cain Sports Complex.
Equipment Available for Checkout
Open Recreation Schedule
OPEN REC MRC GYM SCHEDULE
To accommodate for various sports, Gym Court 2 rotates between set ups:
Campus Recreation: InformalRecreation Priority Usage
All spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis unless reserved by Campus Recreation or another group. Reservations will be displayed in each area accordingly. Call ahead to verify open availability as operating hours and spaces are subject to change to accommodate academic classes, Campus Rec programs, maintenance projects, university holidays and/or special events.
Spaces can be reserved by departments and organizations.