The Fitness Program is committed to providing a variety of services to help the A&M-Commerce community achieve their health and fitness goals. We offer individualized programs and group fitness activities that aim to improve overall physical fitness and the mind-body connection.
If you have never taken a Group Fitness class before, find one that interests you. The group setting allows you to meet others pursuing similar fitness goals. We offer a wide variety of classes for every fitness level. All classes on the Group Fitness Schedule are FREE to Campus Rec members. While the majority of our fitness classes are designed to be multi-level, please read through the class description before selecting a class. Our experienced instructors will always offer modifications so you can personalize your experience in any Group Fitness class.
CUSTOMIZED GROUP FITNESS SESSIONS
Bring Campus Recreation fitness classes to your group for a private session. Perfect for student and staff meetings, special events, and trainings!
FITNESS SPECIAL EVENTS
Join in our big fitness events such as MAC Yoga and Zumba with Zombies (yes you can wear your halloween costume).Back to menu Scroll to top
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR GROUP FITNESS CLASSES
- Navigate to www.imleagues.com/tamuc or download the TAMUC Rec App powered by IMLeagues on Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- Sign up using your A&M Commerce Leomail E-mail Account
- Select Texas A&M University-Commerce as your school/organization
- Enter your information and click “create account”
- Once you are logged in, navigate to the top drop down where it says “TAMUC”. A new page will open and you will be able to select “Fitness” to view the group fitness classes.
- Search for the class and click “Sign Up”
- If the class is closed due to full registration, you can still stop by the activity room and be put on our wait list for the class if spots are to open up.
- Participants can sign up a week in advance and up to 15 minutes before the class starts.
- Participants are not required to sign up before the session but highly encouraged to. Pre-registering will guarantee a participant a spot in their chosen class.
- Participants that register on IM leagues will receive check-in priority. If “registered participants” do not arrive at least 5 minutes before the class starts, their placement in the class will be given to a participant in the standby line. Please note that check-in begins 15 minutes prior to the class start time.
- In order to prevent injury or medical emergencies, patrons are not allowed to enter a group fitness class 5 minutes after the class has started. This is to ensure all patrons receive appropriate warm-up for each class and do not disturb the class that is in session.
EVENTS AND WORKSHOPS
|What Are Your Numbers||Thursday||1.17||6-8pm||MRC||Show|
|“Be My Yogi” Partner Yoga||Wednesday||2.13||8:15-9:15pm||MRC Activity Room||Pre-register on imleagues or just show up on|
WHAT ARE YOUR NUMBERS
Get a free body composition during Campus Recreation’s Resolution Roar! Learn your lean muscle mass, fat mass and BMI to help set your new years resolution in motion!
“BE MY YOGI”
What better way to show love for your partner or friend than practicing yoga together!
Faculty/staff/community must be a member or pay the $8 MRC day pass.
Free for students!Back to menu Scroll to top
BECOME AN INSTRUCTOR
The Fitness & Wellness program has an educational partnership with the American Council on Exercise. This partnership allows A&M-Commerce students to purchase textbooks, study materials and take ACE certification exams at a reduced cost. We offer a personal trainer and group fitness instructor prep courses.
WE WILL HOST ANOTHER COURSE IN FALL 2019.
Description: The Group Fitness Instructor Prep course meets weekly and is designed to provide practical, hands-on instructional experience for everything you need to know to teach group fitness classes. Instructor courses are designed to provide an overview of the information which will be on the American Council on Exercise (ACE) Group Fitness Instructor Certification exam. The course includes lecture, activity components and mentorship opportunities that will prepare instructors to teach a variety of fitness formats, including dance, strength, cardio, mind-body, and specialty classes.Back to menu Scroll to top
BRING THE FITNESS TO YOU!
We offer Zumba , Hip Hop, Yoga, Bootcamp, HITT, and much more!
You can bring the class to your space or have it at the MRC. We supply the instructor, equipment, and the fun!
Classes must be held in Commerce or on A&M Commerce Campus.
Looking to get your body and physiology numbers? Here is what is provided within a body composition assessment.
- BMI – comparing weight and height
- Body water % – how much water is in the Body
- Fat % – how much body fat is in the body
- Basal Metabolic Rate – how much energy you use during rest
- Metabolic Age – comparing your basal metabolic rate and the average person’s
- Visceral Fat Rating – amount of fat stored in abdominal area
- Body Fat Mass – the amount of fat in the body in pounds
- Daily Calorie intake – the amount of calories you consume daily
Students – $5
MRC member – $10
MRC non-member – $15
See MRC front desk to purchase. Then, the Fitness & Wellness Graduate Assistant will contact you within 3-4 business days.Back to menu Scroll to top
FITNESS FLOOR ORIENTATION
Want to learn how to use the fitness floor and weight room equipment, perform different types of exercise, and hear about services available to you with Campus Recreation and the Fitness and Wellness program? We can help with an Orientation to get your comfortable and confident.
Sign up at the MRC Front Desk
SMALL GROUP TRAINING COURSES
Small Group Training is designed to help a group of individuals reach a common fitness goal through specialized exercise routines.
Each course is either 4 or 6 weeks long, meeting 8 or 10 times, two times a week.
WOMEN ON WEIGHTS
We want to teach women how to translate their strength from our private activity room to the weight room. By learning the basic lifts, focusing on form, breathing, and quality, you will immerse yourself into resistance training, one of the most effective forms of exercise possible for your body. We understand the intimidation factor that may come with our weight room space. We want to break down that barrier and help you feel more comfortable in that area! This course will be led by two female instructors and starts after spring break
We need a minimum of 4 people to begin the course.
Day/Time: Mondays and Wednesdays from 4-5:15 p.m.
Cost: $36 for 12 sessions
Course Dates: 3/25-5/3
Location: Morris Recreation Center
Register: Sign up at the front desk or online by March 24
AERIAL SILK SMALL GROUP TRAINING CLASS
Together we will learn some awesome aerial acrobatics while hanging from a fabric. Hosted at the climbing wall, participants will also build strength, muscular endurance and flexibility. If you are looking for a new and creative way to workout, this is it!
Only $36 for 12 sessions!
Only 9 spots available for each class
Class dates: March 25 – May 3
Level 1 class day and times: Every Tuesday & Thursday, 3-4:15 p.m. No skills necessary
Level 2 class day and times: Every Tuesday & Thursday, 4:15-5:30pm. Must have taken a previously aerial silk course.
Register: Sign up at the front desk or online by March 24Back to menu Scroll to top