College of Business :: Career Services Mission
College of Business :: Career Services Primary Goals
How Career Services benefits you
Enhance your career readiness by participating in our interactive workshops
Advance your professional skills to excel in today’s competitive, global economy.
Develop relationships with alumni and employers resulting in internship and full-time career opportunities.
Learn how to market your skills to potential employers and stand out for the right reasons.
College of Business :: Career Services Internship Program
Intern your way to success
Apply your classroom knowledge in the corporate world. As a College of Business student, you’ll have access to a wide range of internship programs. Internships provide the foundation employers often look for. At Career Services, we’ll help you conquer this milestone and achieve your professional goals. We want to recognize and reward your success. You’ll receive official university recognition on your academic transcript for credit and non-credit internships. Discover the internships available now!
To qualify for an internship, you must:
- Be accepted in College of Business
- Be in good standing at A&M-Commerce and in good standing in the College of Business
- Have completed a minimum of 12 semester credit hours at A&M-Commerce
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours (excluding summer term)
- Secure an internship with a minimum of 140 work hours during the fall/spring semesters or 96 work hours during the summer.
- Complete all necessary steps and forms within stated deadlines.
Fill out the internship application to:
- Schedule consultation with the career services coordinator
- Have your resume reviewed by the career services coordinator via Handshake
Our Career Services coordinator will help you find an internship if you do not already have one lined up.
- Complete the Internship Request form. Page 3 must be completed thoroughly if you wish for your place of work to be considered as an internship site.
- An Internship Agreement must be signed by the student, internship site supervisor and career services coordinator before approval. To be eligible for course credit, the Internship Agreement form must be signed and turned in to Career Services by the last day to add classes.
After approval, you’ll report to the site supervisor. If receiving course credit, be sure to turn in assignments to our Career Service Coordinator to receive grades.
During the Internship:
- Weekly Journals are due every 3 weeks.
- Record hours worked in Timesheets. For fall/spring internships, you must work at least 140 hours over a minimum of 3 months. For summer internships, you must work at least 96 hours over a minimum of 5 weeks.
- Completion of a mid-term and final evaluation by your internship supervisor with a rating that meets expectations (if expectations are not met at mid-term, improvements must be documented by the final evaluation).
College of Business :: Career Services Internship Success
A recent graduate of A&M-Commerce, Donesia Williams successfully completed her internship at Moss Adams in Los Angeles last fall. Because of her hard work, Moss Adams invited Donesia to return.
Last fall Makena interned as a Fleet Manager at Enterprise. A marketing major, Makena excelled as she built new competencies for the company.
Louis serves as an Forecast/Financial Planning and Analysis Intern at First International (IFI) in Greenville, TX.
Sanjana interns remotely for Tesla, Inc. in Nevada. She currently studies as a graduate student of Business Analytics and will return to Tesla this summer.
College of Business :: Career Services Employers and DPD Form Links
Partner with us
Are you looking for well-qualified students to join your company? Are you ready to mentor the next generation of business leaders? Are you a current business or employer? The College of Business invites you to partner with our Career Services program. By partnering with us, you’ll receive the best and brightest students from A&M-Commerce. Our Career Services team will assist with all phases of your recruiting needs. Discover how our partnership program can boost your company.
College of Business :: Career Services Companies that Hire Our Students
Companies that Hire Our Students
It’s time to start your journey. These companies are just a few of the employers who committed to helping you learn and grow. Our previous students set an example. Now it’s time for you to continue their legacy.